Whenever possible let’s all bring it back to our demands.
1. The immediate release of the name(s) of the officer(s) who killed Andrew Loku and charges to be laid against the officer(s)
2. The adoption of the African Canadian Legal Clinic’s demand for a coroner’s inquest into the death of Andrew Loku
3. An overhaul of the province’s Special Investigations Unit in consultation with families of victims of police violence, the Black community, and the community at large
4. A condemnation of Toronto police’s excessive use of force and ongoing intimidation tactics against Black Lives Matter Toronto protesters
5. The immediate release of the name(s) of the officer(s) who killed Alex Wettlaufer and charges to be laid accordingly
6. A commitment to the full elimination of carding including the deletion of all previously recorded data, reframing of regulations to prohibitions, consistent implementation policy amongst different police boards, and concrete disciplinary measures for officers who continue to card
For more info listen to our full hour interview with Desmond Cole on Newstalk 1010: